Simple Paleo Carrot Cake August 24 2017
This is a Simple Paleo Carrot Cake that anyone can make ! We believe that food should be delicious, that everyone will enjoy and this is no exception. Plus.....with the amount of carrots in the recipe, it definitely must have one of your five day. We joke (but secretly we're hoping).
For added crunch and flavour, we added our super grain free granola RAWnola cereal on top which is packed with cinnamon, dried fruit, nuts and seeds. Yum!
Duration: 60 mins
- 400g Ground Nuts - link here
- 150g Tapioca Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 200g Solid Creamed Coconut Block, melted
- 150ml Coconut Oil, melted
- 400g Coconut Palm Sugar or 400ml Honey (add a little more tapioca if using honey)
- 4 large Eggs or 100g of Chia Seeds
- 300g Carrots, grated
- 200g Raisins
- 1 x Can of Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Solid Block of Creamed Coconut, melted
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 100 ml Honey/ Agave
- 100 ml Coconut Palm Sugar or 3 Tbsp Stevia (sweeten to taste)
- Handful of RAWnola - link here
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C, Fan.
- Grease a large baking tray using coconut oil and line it with grease proof paper
- Get two large mixing bowls and add all the dry ingredients into one and all the wet ingredients into the other.
- Mixing each separately so that everything is incorporated.
- Then mixed them together with all your strength and might !......I used a wooden spoon for the purpose of licking the spoon. Spatula also recommended here
- Pour your cake mixture into the baking tray and put into the oven for about 30 = 40 mins. Keep an eye on it.
- Once baked, leave on a cooling tray to one side.
- In the meantime, make the frosting.
- Pour all the ingredients together into a "s' bladed food processor and mix at a high speed.
- When the mixture appears to be thick and creamy, pour into a small bowl and leave in the fridge.
- Once everything is cool, you can assemble your cake. We choose to add the frosting and add RAWnola ontop as RAWnola is very cinnamon-y which is a perfect combo for Carrot Cake!
- Serve with a good cuppa tea and enjoy!