Raw Paleo Strawberry Cheesecake with Pistachios September 26 2016
This Raw Paleo Strawberry Cheesecake with Pistachios is comprised of nutritious ingredients such as the flaxseed seed, clean, non-processed nuts and fruit base plus naturally good fats; macadamia nuts and coconut oil, creaming filling. All topped with a beautifully British strawberries.
The recipe is so versatile as the base can be a simple cookie or raw snack for on the go, the filling can be an utterly delicious cake frosting and the top can be frozen for a later date !
How you can make your very own Raw Paleo Strawberry Cheesecake with Pistachios:
Fruit and Flaxseed Base
- 240g Pre-Soaked Pitted Dates
- 30g Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 200g Peanuts Butter
- 240g Natural Almonds
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 60g Ground Flax Seed
- 60ml Water
Creamy Cheesecake Middle
- 375g Pre-Soaked Macadamia Nuts* (I soak mine overnight)
- 60ml Coconut Oil
- 60 ml Agave Nectar (Maple Syrup or Honey)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
*You can use cashew nuts as they are more affordable
Strawberry Jelly Sauce Topping
- 450 cut Strawberries (frozen will work)
- 50-100g Fresh Strawberries (to decorate)
- 470ml of Water
- 6 Sheets of Gelatin
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Chopped Pistachios
- Using your small food processor bowl and blade blend all the creamy cheesecake middle ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- Using your large food processor bowl and blade process all the fruit and flaxseed base ingredients until dough like consistency with visible chunks of nut.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan or glass dish with a healthy oil.
- Press crust mixture evenly into baking dish.
- Top with cheesecake filling using a spoon or spatula to make sure the filling is evenly distributed over the crust.
- Cover with saran wrap and freeze.
- Next, to make the strawberry jelly sauce.
- First place the gelatin sheets in cold water.
- Pour separate water into a saucepan. Turn to medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the soft gelatin, raw honey and gently stir together and set aside.
- Next place the cut strawberries into a blender and pulse until you have a smooth puree.
- Combine the gelatin mixture and strawberry puree together and stir.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a large bowl and allow to cool enough so that it wouldn't melt the cheesecake mixture once poured on top. Best to give it an hour.
- Bring the cheesecake base and creamy middle out of the freezer, set onto the side whilst you pour the strawberry jelly evenly on top.
- Finally decorate with fresh strawberries and put the cheesecake back into the freezer.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove from the freezer, cut into slices and serve with chopped pistachios !
Author: Charleh Dickinson