Paleo Shortbread Biscuits (Gluten Free) August 04 2016
Here’s how you can make your very own Paleo Shortbread Biscuits (Gluten Free):
Duration: 15 Minutes
To Make the Cookies:
- 250g Nut Butter of your choice
- 100ml Honey
- 1 Egg
- 2 -3 Baobab Aduna Bars or Dried Fruit
- To Make the Biscuit Mixture
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Using a food processor fitted with an “s” blade, blend all the ingredients together until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Break the Aduna bar in rough pieces and incorporate them in evenly.
- Using a metal teaspoon, spoon the mixture on the baking sheet or a little square mould (like I have used), at least 2 inches apart so that they become round splodges.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until the cookies are just slightly browned on the bottom: you can usually tell when they are ready as your kitchen will be filled with a sweet, nutty smell.
- Remove and let cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute (they may look a bit under-done, but let them set), then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Finally, enjoy when you have a little afternoon sweet craving and a cuppa tea.
Author: Charleh Dickinson