Paleo Banana Bread July 21 2017
Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
Duration: 40 mins
- 6 Banana, very ripe
- 4 Eggs
- 200g Honey
- 100g Chia Seeds
- 200g Creamed Coconut Block, melted
- 300g Big Nuts
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Splash of Almond Milk
- Coconut oil for the tins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C in a fan oven.
- Using a food processor with an s-blade, add the nut and blend until they are a fine powder.
- In the meantime, chop the creamed coconut with a sharp knife and microwave for a minute to soften/melt. Careful not to burn the coconut.
- Back to the food processor, add the rest of the ingredients except for the eggs.
- Next, add the coconut and blend it not too much. The idea is to incorporate the hot creamed coconut into the mix so that it slightly cools therefore not to cook the eggs which will go in next.
- Next, add the eggs and a splash of almond milk. Roughly a Tbsp.
- Once the mix is a smooth consistency, set it a side whilst you grease the tins.
- Using a pastry brush and melted coconut oil, cover the inside of your chosen tin. We used a bread loaf tin. You can line it with grease proof paper if you so choose.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into your greased lined tin. Use a spatula to make sure you get all the mixture out....but don't clean the bowl too much and leave room for licking the spoon.
- Put the raw banana bread in the oven for 20-30mins.
- Keep checking the banana bread using a clean sharp knife after 20 mins every 5 mins until the knife comes out clean.
- Once baked, leave on your cooling rack to cool or serve immediately warm with ice cream!
- Enjoy !
Author: Charleh Dickinson