The Fudge Brownie | Why it's been described as "mouthgasm" by customers July 01 2014
About The Fudge Brownie
Everyone loves a Brownie! Here at Designed2Eat we love chocolate brownies too (especially the Chairman Peter!) and when we wanted to bring all natural, nutritious cake to all of you, we started with our favourite.
Every year, whenever a family celebration, national holiday or very rare sunny BBQ weather day occurred my (Charleh) father (Peter) would always ask for a bake tray of brownie! Well, as a person who follows Paleo, going out to the shops was not an option, this was no quim to me being the biggest foodie the planet has ever seen!
So, I scoured the internet and came across some brilliant recipes, beautiful, decadent and delicious but still not everyone could have it!
So after making, testing, eating many, many brownies myself, friends and family we found Designed2Eat's brownie. Hoo Ray!
Why is Designed2Eat's Brownie Different to Other Brownies*?
- All natural ingredients: dates, sunflower seeds, creamed coconut, coconut palm sugar & (Organic) cocoa powder and that's it!
- Lower in calories per 100g*
- High in protein
- Higher in fibre
- Low Gi
- One of your recommended five-a-day!
- Contains NO trans fats
- Contains no added additives, preservatives, emulsifiers, colourants, salt, sugar or sweeteners
- Hand-made and delivered especially for you!
Brownie Body Benefits to your Health
Wonderfully delicious of course!
Packed with an impressive list of essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that are required for normal growth, development and overall well-being..
Rich in dietary fibre, which prevents LDL cholesterol absorption in the gut.
Fibre works as a bulk laxative. It, thus, helps to protect the colon mucous membrane by decreasing exposure time and as well as binding to cancer-causing chemicals in the colon.
They contain health benefiting flavonoid polyphenolic antioxidants known as tannins. Tannins are known to possess anti-infective, anti-inflammatory, and anti-hemorrhagic (prevent easy bleeding tendencies) properties.
Contain antioxidants found to have the ability to protect cells and other structures in the body from harmful effects of oxygen-free radicals. Thus, eating dates found to offer some protection from colon, prostate, breast, endometrial, lung, and pancreatic cancers.
Offers protection against age-related macular degeneration, especially in elderly populations.
Dates are an excellent source of iron, potassium and in minerals such as calcium, manganese, copper and magnesium..
- Magnesium, and other essential minerals including calcium, sulfur, zinc, iron, copper, potassium, and manganese
- Polyphenols called flavonoids, with antioxidant properties
- Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, E
- Essential heart-healthy fat: oleic acid a monounsaturated fat
Lower blood pressure & improve circulation because of the flavonols and theobromine.
Can promote cardiovascular function & health. The antioxidant power of flavonoids and essential minerals and vitamins found in cacao can support healthy heart functioning by lowering blood pressure, improving blood flow, lowering LDL cholesterol, and reducing plaque build up on artery walls.
The high levels of antioxidants can neutralize free radicals thereby helping to prevent from cancer
Improve digestion due to the level of fibre
- Can enhance physical and mental well-being as the cocoa help to increase circulation and availability of serotonin and other neurotransmitters in brain, improving mood and combating depression.
*compared to the "average" brownie